Blog4books competition

Date: 14th Jan 2017 @ 2:58pm

Type your blog4books entry here and I will copy it to the template form and send it off.

Remember to:

 Show how much you love Reading!

 Mention at least one book or author.

 Be creative and maybe even surprising!

 Maybe include pictures or videos to add extra detail.

Good Luck!!

Please login in as a parent or pupil to leave comment on blog

Parent login
Pupil login

Leah D wrote:

.

Evan B wrote:

I love to read because book's put you in a dimension were all you do is read non fiction book's are interesting because depending on what non fiction book you read it has ton's of fact's and that is why i love to read.
my favorite book is the gruffalo because a mouse go's around telling a story of a monster called the gruffalo and he come's to life and said he fi ffo ffum tonight i want mouse chum.

Marco J wrote:

name marco
my faveroute book is diary and a wimpy kid the third wheel

i love reading beacause it helps me understand to write and help me spell somethink like bannester or long like usanbolt so thats why i love reading.retell story in the end of the third wheel gregory wants rowley to be a good jugde for a studant repliys of the file.
reading this book is inportant beacuse you can earn high grades in a spelling test becaese it has hard spelling words.

Deborah L wrote:

Hi my name is Deborah i love reading. guess what reading is in your heart, reading is in you imagination when its in your imagination it fells like your in the fabulous amazing book.I love it when you are concentrating it makes your mind filed with fabulous amazing books that is why i love reading and my fabulous the book is called beautiful fairy land it is my favorite book because when the book is in your mind it fells like i made friend in the story, and it feels like i am a fairy as well that is why i love reading THANK YOU! and HOPED YOU LOVED IT!

Lewis M wrote:

i love reading because its so interesting and it has interesting words inside books,comics,menus,post and my favorite book is bofin boy and the rock men it is about a boy his friend saving people from villains and the author David Orme and illustrated by Peter Richardson.

Farren M wrote:

my favourite book is David walliams Gangsta granny because it is funny how a granny was a robber and a gangsta it is very createive how he found out that in the choclate tin is gold and rolex 24 carrot of silver. she also robbed the queen's crown and got away with it one other day the hole s.w.a.t team outside her house all over a little granny. because taey witnest that she took the crown thay asked and some times it made me laugh and some times it made me cry for egsampel it made me laugh when I found out the granny was a gangsta and most of it made me and my mum cry .

Alicia B wrote:

my name is Alicia my favorite book is Matilda

I love reading because you can think about it in your
imagination and you can learn about the characters in the story.

Matilda is my favorite book because it makes me feel like I have powers
and smart.

The author Roald Dahl is a cool author because he makes fun fiction books.

Kendra E wrote:

Hi my name is kendra I love reading guess by the way if you read it learn's you if you don.t come and ask us we can help you any way reading is fun and important if you can`t read keep on trying in till you can read DON`T GIVE UP keep on trying HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

Halima A wrote:

Name: Haliima
favorite book : Matilda by Roald Dahl

Matilda is a book about a baby girl called Matilda who
gets adopted.When she grew up, her family
always watched filmsinstead of reading, Matilda was very unhappy.
Her brother went to school
and her parents went to job.
So Matilda went to the library and learnt
lots of new things. Matilda go adopted again by miss
Honey her teacher who is a kind lady and since then Matilda
was very delightful and she got a doll.

I love reading because I learn new words and I
imagine being the actual character. I like reading
fiction books because it has made up stuff which
makes it way more interesting. It could include
monsters, magical powers, unicorns and fairy's.

It is important to read because in non- fiction books
you can learn new things! also, the more you read the
more you get better at it. If you read fiction books, it could
inspire you to write you're own book.

I read in my spare time and at school i read
posters, letters, the board and questions. And When I
go to the restaurant, I read the menu.

Tamara A wrote:

My favourite book is favourite book is gangsta granny because David Williams makes us want to go in that place.
We love reading because the interesting word or words what we cant read we will learn them and put it in are work so are work is better. Reading is important because if you didn't read then you wouldn't be ably to learn words or put any words in our work.We read after school, when we are in bed and when we are in school.
This term we are looking at the shang dynasty and the book what we are reading is the firework makers daughter. Some of the words in this book are so good we use them words.
by Tamara and Lexie

Tamara A wrote:

My favourite book is favourite book is gangsta granny because David Williams makes us want to go in that place.
We love reading because the interesting word or words what we cant read we will learn them and put it in are work so are work is better. Reading is important because if you didn't read then you wouldn't be ably to learn words or put any words in our work.We read after school, when we are in bed and when we are in school.
This term we are looking at the shang dynasty and the book what we are reading is the firework makers daughter. Some of the words in this book are so good we use them words.
by Tamara and Lexie

RIO W wrote:

Name: Rio

Favourite book: Gorilla

I love reading because it is so interesting and it gets me into the real place of the book and my favourite book is Gorilla because when the gorilla grows and grows then in the middle of the night the gorilla takes the tired girl into the dark locked zoo.

Reading is important because it helps you read more and helps you get correct spellings and also when like at a restaurant your reading a menu and you say "what's on the menu?" All you got to do is read it and you'll find something.

I read after school and always read on weekends after my football matches and every time I find a great book and take it on holiday with me and go and read it.

Mohammad A wrote:

I love reading because when an exciting part come it make you feel like I don't want to stop reading and it feels like your in the book and it makes me really excited.I think reading is great because if your bored you can get your favorite book and start reading it.

I think reading is important because you learn how to spell and read tricky words and give you a better imagination.
I think reading is important because theirs non-fiction books and fiction non-fiction tells you facts and gives you really important information.

I read 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

My favorite book is gangster granny by David Williams.
I love the part when she steals the crown and the next day she tries to put it back and when she was doing the naked yoga and Mr Parker was watching her but she actually got a tin of jewelry.

reginald D wrote:

Reginald and Lewis B
are favoute is the wimpy kid dog days jeff kinny
I love reading the book because it is funny and learn new words from reginald.
I love wimpy kid because it my favoute book.

Oliver h wrote:

name Oliver and Jack

favorite book horrid Henry joke book

I love reading because it makes you intelligent and makes you a better writer and speller.It makes you a better reader and helps you learn about the book. It helps you write better and a better level in English and a better speller.

Reading is important because you're brain can learn more, you can get higher marks/grades in a test.Reading is important to everyone and helps them learn how to spell.If you read you can get in a higher stage in reading.

Horrid Henry's class had a joke book competition with his friends and jokes his family he sneaks up on people and do jokes on people its so funny.Horrid Henry is an joker and he is a naughty person to his little brother [Peter]. One of the jokes was whats the difference between Margaret and a cow there both moooooooooooooddddy.

Lydia A wrote:

Name:Lydia

Favorite book:In a class of her own

I love reading because it helps me understand signs and all types of writing for example newspaper articles.

Reading is a vitally important skill and helps people to spell and learn definitions to new words such as prodded,yanked,chuffed and sussing and then transfer it into your own words then into your literacy book and use it when you are writing a explanation text or a narrative .

You can read in your spare time and where ever you go and the types of books are magazines,menu's also the Bible and many more things around you. reading makes me you sometime feel tense, some books are humorous to me. life would be boring without the chance to be able to read.....

Dido I wrote:

READING IS AMAZING!! :D

David B wrote:

i love books read a book its so fun it gets ride of your nerves you can constraint .

Taylor D wrote:

The best part about reading is that your mind can send you to another world and you can discover everything that happens in that book. My best author and book is Roald Dahl, Charlie and the chocolate factory.Reading is the best , one day i hope to become an author.

Dido I wrote:

When I read I can imagine what's happening in the book in my head but the books I really enjoy are Jeff Kinny books

Taylor D wrote:

Reading books is like your own imaginary world in the book. Its like you take over the whole book like its your own.

Charlie B wrote:

When I read I can imagin what its like and describe the setting but the the place I can imagin the most is the Diary Of The Wimpy Kid and the authur of this book is Jeff Kinney,I love this book because the book is very descriptive and detaild.

Tina V wrote:

Well first of all reading is a good thing but it can sometimes drag you into your own little world. My top favorite book is Girl Can Vlog by Emma Moss. I like Girl Can Vlog because it helps me relax and picture myself recording it also helps me to feel more confident.

Riley W wrote:

I like Charlie chocolate factory I love It so much because it gets your nerves away

Mohamud M wrote:

My favorite author

My favorite author is J.K because she had made one of my favorite book which is Harry Potter. There currently 7 Harry Potter books which are Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows.


Edison T wrote:

--------------------------------------------------My Favourite Author!------------------------------------------------

My favourite author is Jeff Kinney, because i admire his Dairy Of A Wimpy Kid books. He gets epic ideas for drawings, and they are simple to understand. Most bits are very humourous, and the whole book tells you about the life of the main character (Gregory Heffley), with his brother (Rodrick), Mum (Susan), Little brother (Manny) and his Dad (Frank). He goes to a fictional Middle School, along with his best friend Rowley Jefferson, and his classmates!

There are currently 13 Dairy Of A Wimpy Kid books: Dairy Of A Wimpy Kid, Rodrick Rules, The Last Straw, Dog Days, The Ugly Truth, Cabin Fever, The Third Wheel, Hard Luck, The Long Haul, Old School, Double Down, The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary and the Dairy Of A Wimpy Kid Do-it-Yourself Book! I started reading these books about 3 years ago, and i liked them ever since :)

Jeff thought of his book in 1998, and worked on it for a whole 8 years, before showing it to a publisher in New York! Many people nationwide admire his books, as well as me.

My personal favourite Dairy Of A Wimpy Kid book is 'The Long Haul'. It tells a story about Greg and his family going on a Road Trip; staying in hotels, going to fairs e.t.c. This is my favourite, because it's very exciting and dramatic- and Greg is constantly avoiding trouble from another angry family that he'd bothered, as well as the trouble he and his family is causing on the troubling holiday.

David B wrote:

i love the book Charlie chocolate so much it calms you nerves down, its so relaxing

Nehad S wrote:

My favorite author is called Roald Dahl. I adore a variety of his books E.G Charlie and the chocolate factory.His Partner Quentin Blake draws simple drawings, which fits in the amazingly to the story. Roald Dahl uses amazing words to to keep all of his books interesting, and makes them very amusing. He produces children's books and poems, he also recreates famous kids storys and changes them to something he likes to call revolting ryhmes.

This the reason Roald Dahl is my favorite author!!!!!

Riley W wrote:

like books so much because it a life time

Lexie L wrote:

when you read books you can steal words from the book you are reading - which can make your writing better. I like to read books like the Midnight gang by David Walliams I find this book very interesting and great fun. You can really get into the book when you just sit down in silent, on your own and read.My favorite Author and book is Roald Dahl Charlie and the chocolate factory. I think this book is so interesting and fun to read and great fun to think what it would be like to be there. That my favorite book my author and why I love to read. Because when you read its like your in you own little world,.

David B wrote:

i like books so much because its a life time situation..

David B wrote:

wwe

Scarlett W wrote:

we love reading because we can look and find new words we have never heard off and use them in our work. I like books because they are imaginative because we can imagine the pictures of the story in our head books are fun to read we can read funny books and books that make us cry and feel sorry for the character but i love books because i can imagine all the pictures in my head.

Marcia A wrote:

My favorite author is J.K Rowling because her books take me on an adventure.My favorite J.K Rowling book is Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets.Her books make me feel like i'm a character inside the book.Every word creates a different picture and i would recommend to the age to 7 and over.All her books have so much interest and it makes me feel curious whats going to happen next.Born: 31 July 1965 (age 51), Yate
Full name: Joanne Rowling
Movies: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, more
Children: Jessica Arantes, Mackenzie Murray, David Murray

Tia B wrote:

WE love reading because every time you read a new book you can steal new words. My favourite Athor is Jackline willson because she writes really nice books and they have loads of diffrent words that you can steal

Peyton P wrote:

My favourite author is Guy Bass Stitch Head this book is so good. Every word creates a different picture in your head and it leads you into a different world its amazing. I would recommend it to a 9 year old and over. It takes me on a the best adventure of my life every time I read it and takes me to my own world. You will laugh and cry.

Davina L wrote:

I love reading because it takes me to an imaginary place that has all different characters from all the different books i have read.Every word creates a different picture in your head and it leads you into a different world it's amazing. My favorite book is Invisible friend by Louise Arnold and it just takes me to my own world my favorite chapter is the first one grey author.I would recommend this to 9 and over . Louise Arnold hasn't only made that book she had made a few more.

Kegan P wrote:

My favorite author is Francesca Simon . My favorite Francesca Simon is Horrid Henry .Because he is different from Peter. He is always getting grounded for not listening. He always gets his toys took of him. He always gets sent to his room. He is always rude to his family friends teachers. He always tricks people and he thinks it is funny but it is not. He never listens in school because he is talking to his friend when the teacher is talking.

Leo H wrote:

My favorite author is Roald Dahl he is the greats author of all time and my favorite book is the BFG. Also I think I'll recommend to the age to 7 or 11 it takes, you on this amazing adventure in your head, it is a children's and adults to I just think everyone should read this is a fantastic book. Roald Dahl was born on the 13 September 1916 Llandaff, Cardiff.Is bin in the world war 2.

Keira C wrote:

My favorite author is Francesca Simon. My favorite Francesca Simon is Horrid Henry . Because he is different from Peter. He is always tricking everyone and its funny when he gets in trouble . He tries to blame it on Peter but he gets his self into even more trouble and he gets sent to his room and he screams its not fair.He is always getting things took of him at school because he brings in small toys and teachers always catches him. When he is told to tidy his room he never does. He is always getting grounded for not listening. He never listens in school and gives pieces of paper to his friend when the teacher is talking.

Hala A wrote:

There are many different types of books and authors but my top favorite book is The Girl Who Rode The Wind who was made by Stacy Gregg.What i most enjoy about reading is to sit back and relax in my own little world. The most important thing about reading is that it improves your English skills and your grammar. I wonder what your favorite book and author is?

Princess D wrote:

Name: Princess

Favourite book: Cupcake wars

I love reading Non-fiction books and Fiction books. I like reading Non-fiction books because it can help me with my comprehension and Guided reading. Further more I can find information about my topic in Non-fiction books. So my topic is about the Shang dynasty if I needed to find information about the Shang dynasty I could easily look in a Non-fiction book that is about the Shang dynasty. I like reading Fiction books because they are very funny. I also like Fiction books that have pictures in.

Cupcake wars is about a girl called Angela Nicely and a girl called Tiffany Charmers. Angela doesn't like tiffany because she is very nosy. Tiffany wants to have a cupcake war the one that has ran out of cupcakes wins.

Kaitlin A wrote:

hello

Crosslee Community Primary School

Croslee Road

Blackley, Manchester M9 6TG

Tel: 0161 795 8493