YEAR 6GA Miss Gale 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 6GA
Class teacher: Miss Gale
Trainee teacher: Miss Miah
Teaching Assistant: Mr Allen
Children should now come to school in their PE kit on their PE days our PE days this half term are :
Tuesday and Thursday .
The PE kit is either plain blue or black jogging pants / leggings, a plain white t-shirt and a jumper . Where possible, we are asking if the children could wear black trainers.
Children have been sent home the year 3-6 spellings and should be working on a selction of these each evening we will choose 10 words each week to test the children on each Thursday.
Our timestable test will also be each Thursday.
Homework will be sent home each Friday and will be due in the following Wednesday.
Please ensure that your child is bringing their reading book and water bottle every day.
Our topic this half term is mountains and volcanoes.
Could you climb Mount Everest?
As a Historian, I can:
- Identify where a period of history fits on a time line.
- Understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed through a range of sources.
As a Scientist, I can:
- Identify and name the main parts of the human circulatory system.
- As a Geogrpaher I can:
- Use an atlas to locate countries.
- Use the 8 points of a compass.
- Use 4 and 6 digit grid references
- Describe key aspects of mountains, volcanoes and earthquakes.
- Understand key aspects of land use, economic activity and the distribution of natural resources including energy.
- Using symbols and a key to read maps including ordinance survey.
- The British Value we are looking at this half term is tolerence of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our Influential person is...Jane Goodall
Jane Goodall, DBE, (1934–), is a British ethologist and conservationist, famous for her world expertise on chimpanzees, having studied them in the wild for over 60 years. Her groundbreaking research provided a unique insight into the life of these creatures – now known to be our nearest living relatives. She has dedicated her life to the study and protection of chimpanzees.
As always if you would like any extra information or support please let me know .
YEAR 6GA Miss Gale: News items
YEAR 6GA Miss Gale: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
YEAR 6GA Miss Gale: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
YEAR 6GA Miss Gale: Events items
There are no Events items to display
Crosslee Primary School
Manchester, M9 6TG
0161 795 8493Email us