Time to Talk Day 2018
Thursday 1st Feb is National Time to Talk Day which aims to change the way we think and act about mental health. At school we will be encouraging the children to understand and be open about their feelings through a special school assembly and activities throughout the day that will enable the children to understand that emotions are normal and to give them confidence to ask for help if they are struggling. As a school we will be looking at the 5 steps for good mental health.
5 steps to mental health:
1. Connect - building strong relationships with family and friends can help us feel happier.
2. Be active - what you do with your body can have a powerful effect on your mental wellbeing.
3. Keep learning - continuing to learn throughout life can improve and maintain our mental wellbeing.
4. Be kind - small acts of kindness can give you a sense of purpose. It can make you feel happier and more satisfied with life.
5. Be mindful - paying more attention to your own thoughts and feelings, and to the world around you can improve your mental wellbeing.
Look out for photos and further information on Thursday.
Crosslee Primary School
Manchester, M9 6TG
0161 795 8493Email us